The OctoPrint plugin for Cura is a great way to go directly from slicer to printing. But it can be even more powerful if you connect Cura to your printer via OctoEverywhere!
This guide assumes you already have Cura installed and the OctoPrint plugin installed.
Before you do anything, you will need to generate a shared connection URL from OctoEverywhere. This shared connection URL will give this setup of Cura direct access to your printer from anywhere.
To create a shared connection, check out this page.
To set up OctoEverywhere in Cura, do the following:
- Open Cura
- Select"Settings" in the menu bar, hover "Printer", select "Manage Printers"
- Select the printer you want to associate with your OctoEverywhere enabled printer.
- Click "Connect OctoPrint"
- Click "Add"
- In the dialog that pops up, set the following:
- "Instance Name" - Whatever you want to name your printer
- "IP Address or Hostname" - The shared connection URL without the HTTP or HTTPS
- "Port Number" - Enter "443"
- "Path" - Don't change it from "/"
- Check "Show reverse proxy options"
- Check "Use Https"
- "HTTP user name" - Leave blank
- "Http password" - Leave blank
- Press Ok